The future of long-distance passenger railroading is heading your way this year! Based on the highly successful medium-distance SC-44 Charger, the ALC-42 displays a range of new features for cross-country service on America’s most scenic and storied routes, including a unique nose design and cab door configuration. Bachmann’s ALC-42 Charger has been developed in collaboration with Siemens Mobility, using original design documentation and prototype field recordings for maximum realism. Features include a TCS WOWSound CD-quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist for easy configuration without CVs, and a Keep-Alive device for uninterrupted operation, even over dirty track. The WOWSound diesel-electric locomotive package includes an authentic horn, bell, prime mover, startup/shutdown, compressor, cooling fan, coupler close/release, brake release/application, crew alert, grade crossing quill, station announcements, and more. Performs best on 22" radius curves or greater.
Additional features include:
• Siemens-approved design
• DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
• true CD-quality audio in 16-bit 44,100Hz sound
• Keep-Alive device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
• voice-guided Audio Assist programming tool for easy set-up of almost all decoder functionality
• dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
• directional headlights and marker lights
• interior corridor work lights
• steady/alternate flashing ditch lights
• die-cast frame with separately applied windshield wipers, grab irons
and detail parts
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.