The Atlas Master Thrall Car 2743 Cubic Foot Gondola is based on cars introduced in 1995. This new 52' 6" interior length design was in response to the newly allowed increase in Gross Rail Loading (GRL) to 286,000 lbs (up from 263,000 lbs). This allowed an increase of the inside height from the previously standard 5'0" to a new standard of 5'6", giving it a 2,743 cubic foot capacity. Thrall produced over 6,700 of these from 1995 to 1999. The design resumed production under Trinityrail in 2005. The Thrall 2743 Gondola features a detailed injection-molded body with 14 side posts, separate ladders, applied etched-metal details, accurate decoration and AccuMate(R) magnetic knuckle couplers.
• Prototypical scale height reflecting the new higher capacities standard.
• Fourteen side posts
• Detailed brake components
• Etched platform
• Etched end reinforcement plate
• Detailed ladders and stirrups
• Metal hand grabs
• Metal brake rods
• Air hoses
• Corner pins and correct open notch
• Detailed side post support angle plates
• Optional coupler pocket for Kadee #78 or Accumate Scale Coupler
• Accurate painting and lettering
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.