Handle fast freight on your HO railroad with the rugged WalthersProto SD45! Introduced in 1966 with a 20-cylinder 645 prime mover cranking out 3600 horsepower, SD45s quickly became the preferred power for expedited freights and piggyback trains, going on to new careers with regionals and shortlines into the 1980s and beyond. Ready for service, features of these WalthersProto replicas include:
- NEW - High, short hood versions of Norfolk & Western & Southern Railway units
- One time run of these road numbers, order now - limited quantity available!
- Prototypes in freight service from 1966 to early 2000s - several preserved today!
- Road-specific details
- Superb paint and lettering
- Five-pole, skew-wound, high-torque, high-efficiency can motor
- Helical gears with 14:1 ratio for smooth, ultra-quiet running
- LED constant and directional headlights as appropriate
- Easy multiple-unit operation
- Heavy die-cast metal underframe
- Correct size RP-25 metal wheels
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
Road-specific details for this model include:
- Operating Pyle-National beacon
- Leslie SL-3 air horn on stand
- Firecracker antenna
- Flexicoil-C trucks with low-mount brake cylinders
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.