Die Cast brass body made in USA.
The HO-3 is a brass rail and wheel cleaner. It includes the rail-cleaner with trucks attached, roller, roller covers, and an elastic band. It is equipped with Kadee #502 Trucks and Couplers.
The patented "Limited Slip Roller" type of Rail Cleaner is a relatively new and different concept in rail (and wheel) cleaning. It is not only remarkably effective, but it also has significant advantages over other products previously available for this purpose.
- Limited slip rolling action that "scrubs" the rails for rapid removal of deposits.
- Totally non-abrasive -- leaves no particles or other matter for secondary clean-up.
- May be used "wet" (recommended for rapid action and wheel cleaning).
- May be used "dry" (without fluid to clean the rails more slowly).
- May be used continuously without harm to rails or wheels.
- 100% Cleaning Contact with all rails at all times.
- Highly Snag and De-rail Resistant because of rolling action.
- Will NOT damage delicate turn-outs.
- The wheels of the following cars are also cleaned.
- Easily replaceable standard trucks.
The cleaner is a weighted absorbent roller that may be saturated with any of a wide variety of cleaning fluids (or may be used without fluids). The roller is guided along the rails by the frame of the cleaning car. The roller is allowed to "float" and gravity will press it firmly onto the rails. Because there is a small amount of drag concentrated in the roller, it will be slipping (slightly) even when turning. Rail grime is absorbed into the cleaning surface of the roller and removed from the rails (not just smeared around).
The fluid that remains on the rails (before evaporation) will loosen built-up dirt from the wheels of any locomotives and cars that follow. After several passes, the rails and wheels of all rolling stock should be electrically clean and free from wheel slippage.