Relax in luxury aboard these WalthersProto Budd 85' Pine Series 10-6 Sleepers, a must-have for the combined Super Chief / El Capitan and other Santa Fe streamliners! As part of the road's sweeping plans for its postwar service, Santa Fe ordered 27 of these Budd-built cars, fitted with 10 new roomettes and six luxurious double-bedrooms. Many of these cars later served with Amtrak, and some are now privately owned. Ready for operation or display, features of this WalthersProto replica include:
- Real metal finish simulates stainless steel
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting
- Window gasket details as appropriate
- Sprung operating diaphragms
- Modeler-installed extended drawbars for 22" radius curves included
- Turned metal wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.