- Photo-etched roof walks
- Machined metal wheels with RP25 contours
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Body-mounted McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- All models are representative of prototypical paint schemes
- Minimum radius: 18”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
A covered hopper is a self-clearing enclosed railroad freight car with fixed roof, sides, and ends with openings for loading through the roof and bottom openings for unloading. Covered hopper cars are designed for carrying dry bulk loads, varying from grain to products such as sand and clay. The cover protects the loads from the weather.
These cars, boasting 2003 cubic feet of space, were manufactured by Pullman-Standard in the 1950’s and classified as PS-2. The PS-2 offered railroads and private companies alike a car that could be loaded and unloaded quickly. The 2003 cubic foot car was one of the first, smallest and most prolific of the PS-2 cars.
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry® Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.