- Alternate PTC roof included in box
126 EMD SD70M-2s were delivered to NS in 2005 and 2006. Consistent with NS practice at the time, the units were rated at 4000 horsepower instead of the typical 4300. The units were equipped with ditch lights on each end and used in heavy mainline service.
Florida East Coast received a group of 4 SD70M-2s in 2008, painted in the RailAmerica scheme. The units were often found on mainline trains with GP40-2s, SD40-2s and the road’s other SD70M-2s.
Starting in 2007, Florida East Coast leased four blue-and-yellow SD70M-2s for mainline service. When the lease expired in 2015, the units were purchased by First Union Rail and subsequently split between Vermont Railway and Providence & Worcester, with two units going to each railroad. Vermont Railway’s units were soon painted into that road’s attractive scheme of red with white trim, and continue to see service on mainline trains today.
P&W’s two units were originally painted orange and brown and ran for several years in this guise.
Part of CN’s large fleet of SD70M-2s, these units are equipped with operating marker lights for DPU service. As part of the railroad’s new heritage program, CN 8952 was painted in the GTW scheme, and CN 8898 received the the special placards celebrating CN independence on the sides of its nose.
ROAD NUMBER SPECIFIC FEATURES:
- White cab roof
- CN heritage decals on each side
- Standard CN Web Address paint scheme
- Mismatched compartment doors on left side
- Grand Truck Western Heritage Unit
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run
- DCC-ready features Quick Plug™ plug-and-play technology with 21-pin NEM connector
- Scaled from prototype resources including drawings, field measurements, photographs, and more
- Accurately-painted and –printed paint schemes
- Coupler cut levers
- Flexible rubber MU hoses
- Flexible rubber trainline hose
- See-through cab windows
- Full cab interior
- Walkway tread
- Etched see-through steps
- Fine-scale Celcon handrails for scale appearance
- Windshield wipers
- Lift rings
- Wire grab irons
- Detailed fuel tank with fuel fillers, fuel gauges, & breather pipes
- Sander lines
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers - Kadee compatible
- Genesis driveline with 5-pole skew wound motor, precision machined flywheels, and multi-link drivetrain
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth & quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- LED lighting for realistic appearance-including lit number boards, ground lights, and marker lights (if applicable)
- Heavy die-cast frame for greater traction and more pulling power
- Packaging securely holds model for safe storage
SOUND EQUPPED MODELS ALSO FEATURE
- Onboard DCC decoder with SoundTraxx Tsunami2 sound
- Sound units operate in both DC and DCC
- Full DCC functions available when operated in DCC mode
- Engine, horn, and bell sounds work in DC
- All functions NMRA compatible in DCC mode
- Precision slow speed control
- Program a multiple unit (MU) lashup with lead unit only horn, bell, and lights
PROTOTYPE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In order to meet stricter diesel locomotive emissions standards imposed by EPA Tier II regulations, EMD modified the SD70MAC to create the SD70ACe and SD70M-2. Each model is powered by a 16-cylinder, 4300-horsepower diesel engine. On the SD70M-2, the prime mover drives an alternator and produces AC current that is rectified to DC current, which powers the traction motors. On the SD70ACe, the DC current is then “chopped” back into AC to power the traction motors.
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.