Tacoma Rail 7001 and 7002 are former EMD Demonstrator units. The road acquired the units in 2014 and painted them into this attractive red & white scheme. The pair are the most powerful units on the current TMBL roster and are often found running together or mixed with other members of TMBL’s eclectic motive power stable.
Part of a late-production MRL order, these SD70ACes also feature 6-step walkways like the BNSF units. The MRL units have standard GPS dome antennas on the cab roof.
The lowest-numbered SD70ACes on the BNSF roster (and some of the newest), these units were built with 6-step walkways instead of 5 steps which had been standard in earlier production runs. Equipped with BNSF-style PTC antennas, they will be right at home on any late era BNSF roster.
In 2005, Union Pacific began to unveil a series of heritage units, commemorating the fallen flag railroads which had been combined into the UP system. In 2017, these units were starting to look a bit shabby, and they began to be repainted. These units feature many minor art differences from the originals. The repaints are appropriate for any 2017 and up modern motive power roster, and can be found anywhere in general freight service on the UP.
MRL 4404 NOTES:
In late 2020, MRL unveiled #4404, painted in a striking paint scheme that commemorates essential workers across the world. Due to the timing of the real-life unveil, there wasn’t enough time to finalize the artwork before this product announcement. We plan to follow up and show this artwork when it is finalized. In the meantime, we are looking for additional detail photos of this unit. Please drop us a line at email@example.com if you wish to help.
MRL’s First Responder locomotive is being released to honor essential workers. In keeping with the spirit of this release, the Athearn Team is pleased to announce that with each purchase of the Genesis MRL First Responder unit, we will be making a donation to Hobbies For Good; a charitable organization that supports charities and causes throughout the USA.
SD70ACE SERIES LOCOMOTIVE FEATURES:
- Full cab interior
- Coupler cut levers
- Flexible rubber trainline hose
- Etched see-through steps
- Lift rings
- Wire grab irons
- See-through cab windows
- Flexible rubber MU hoses
- Walkway tread
- Sander lines
- Windshield wipers
- Accurately-painted and –printed paint schemes
- McHenry scale knuckle couplers - Kadee compatible
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run
- DCC-ready features Quick Plug™ plug-and-play technology with 21-pin NEM connector
- Scaled from prototype resources including drawings, field measurements, photographs, and more
- Fine-scale Celcon handrails for scale appearance
- Detailed fuel tank with fuel fillers, fuel gauges, & breather pipes
- Genesis driveline with 5-pole skew wound motor, precision machined flywheels, and multi-link drivetrain
- All-wheel drive with precision gears for smooth & quiet operation
- All-wheel electrical pickup provides reliable current flow
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- LED lighting for realistic appearance-including lit number boards, ground lights, and marker lights (if applicable)
- Heavy die-cast frame for greater traction and more pulling power
- Packaging securely holds model for safe storage
- Minimum radius: 18” — Recommended radius: 22”
GENESIS 2.0 FEATURES:
- By integrating and pioneering some of the latest model advancements in the industry, Athearn is redefining model fidelity with Genesis 2.0
- Etched, see-through walkway steps
- Illuminated number boards
- Illuminated ground lights on front trucks
- Illuminated marker lights (where applicable)
PROTOTYPE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
In order to meet stricter diesel locomotive emissions standards imposed by EPA Tier II regulations, EMD modified the SD70MAC to create the SD70ACe and SD70M-2. Each model is powered by a 16-cylinder, 4300-horsepower diesel engine. On the SD70M-2, the prime mover drives an alternator and produces AC current that is rectified to DC current, which powers the traction motors. On the SD70ACe, the DC current is then “chopped” back into AC to power the traction motors.
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.