- Separately applied brake wheel
- 33” machined metal wheels with RP25 contours
- 50-ton Bettendorf or 70-ton Roller Bearing trucks
- Body-mounted McHenry® operating scale knuckle couplers
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Minimum radius: 18”
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Open hopper cars are used for commodities such as coal, which can suffer exposure with less detrimental effect. Hopper cars have been used by railways worldwide whenever automated cargo handling has been desired. This type of car is distinguished from a gondola car in that it has opening doors on the underside or on the sides to discharge its cargo. The offset-side 4-bay hopper represented by our model was an outgrowth of earlier 2-bay designs, and could discharge its load faster due to the 4 doors underneath.
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.