- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Razor sharp printing and painting
- Weighted for optimum performance
- Body mounted McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers installed
- Machined 33Ã¢â‚¬Â metal wheels
- McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing
- Interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Minimum radius: 10Ã¢â‚¬Â
PRIMED FOR GRIME MODELS FEATURE:
- Duplicated look and feel of Ã¢â‚¬Å“In ServiceÃ¢â‚¬Â equipment; Ã¢â‚¬Å“Tattered and TornÃ¢â‚¬Â just like the real thing
- Faded base colors matched to the prototype
- Patches applied and shaped per road number matching each corresponding side to the prototype
- Perfect starting point for adding grime and rust
Pacific Car and Foundry responded to the railroadÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s migration from ice stored in bunkers as a primary cooling system to the diesel mechanical systems. The mechanical reefers could keep a more regular temperature, often times colder then what the ice bunker cars could at the time. Initially mechanical reefers were used primarily in frozen food service. This would soon change as mechanical refrigeration began to replace ice-based systems. Soon after, mechanical refrigeration units replaced the Ã¢â‚¬Å“armiesÃ¢â‚¬Â of personnel required to re-ice the cars. Several different deliveries of the PC&F 57Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ mechanical to many different railroads in the mid to late 1960s. Many have been rebuilt and are still in service today.
Bangor and Aroostook often leased itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s reefer fleet to Pacific Fruit Express in the off season for the railroad. This turned out to be a peak season for PFE in California.
Green Bay and Western purchased several classes of 57Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Mechanicals from the BAR. Many were hastily patched and put into service. The GB&W cars were often seen on the North Western Pacific in California carrying butter from the Humbolt Bay to eastern markets. http://www.greenbayroute.com/orerdetail.htm#GBW11100RPL
|PROTOTYPE MANUFACTURER:||Pacific Car & Foundry|
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|ERA:||1960 - Present|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.