- Removable coal load
- Painted die-cast under frame
- Flat ends unless noted
- Roller bearing or Bettendorf trucks
- Scale profile brake wheel
- Fully-assembled and ready-to-run
- Accurately painted and printed
- Highly detailed, injection molded body
- Machined metal wheels
- Screw mounted trucks
- McHenry knuckle couplers
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Clear plastic jewel box for convenient storage
- Operates on Code 55 and 80 rail
- Minimum radius: 9 Â¾â€
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The development of the hopper car went along with the development of automated handling of such commodities, with automated loading and unloading facilities.
Open hopper cars are used for commodities such as coal, which can suffer exposure with less detrimental effect. Hopper cars have been used by railways worldwide whenever automated cargo handling has been desired.
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article â€œHopper Carâ€ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopper_car);it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.
|COUPLER STYLE:||Body Mounted McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.