N Scale 1:160, JTC # 405042 NASA NEBULA 40' High Cube containers.
This is a Prototype container built by NASA. This is a two pack, one container has reporting marks added to door for model rail transport.
"What do you get when you combine cloud computing and data center containers? You get NASA's Nebula, the space agency's new data powerhouse, which provides on-demand computing power for NASA researchers. Nebula lives in a 40-foot container at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif. The "data center in a box" was built inside a FOREST container from Verari Systems, which is filled with Cisco Systems' Unified Computing System and servers from Silicon Mechanics. - R. Miller | Dec 02, 2009"
Data center containers allow for rapid expansion of IT infrastructure, and can provide excellent energy efficiency by offering more precise control of airflow within the container. Microsoft and Google have used containers as building blocks in large data centers, while some enterprises, universities and research labs have used containers to add incremental compute capacity (instead of a new building).
NASA page on the NEBULA container:
- Approved use by NASA.
- All New Tooling; -42- corrugated sides
- Seven different door variations tooled: molded as appropriate. See document HERE
- IBC(Inter-Box Connecting pins) in scale ISO locations
- JTC Magnetic connecting system: 3-magnets bottom & metal top plate
- Detailed printing as per photographs
- Models come in packages of TWO, unless noted otherwise.
- The IBC pins Mate with JTC 40' open top containers with Magnets, JTC 20' containers with Magnets; Atlas 40 container, JTC Flatrack containers, JTC 53' and 48' containers and future Jacksonville Terminal Company containers.
- Compatible with JTC Retro-fit underframe kits to stack retrofitted M-T and S-T brand containers on top.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.