- Wire and plastic handrails, stirrup steps, ladders and underbody details
- Separately applied brake gear including brake wheel, air reservoir, and brake cylinder
- Bettendorf or roller bearing trucks with 33â€ machined metal wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- McHenry scale knuckle spring couplers
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Weighted for trouble-free operation
- Interior plastic blister safely holds the model for convenient storage
- Window packaging for easy viewing
- Fully assembled
- Minimum radius: 18â€
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The development of the hopper car went along with the development of automated handling of such commodities, with automated loading and unloading facilities.
Open hopper cars are used for commodities such as coal, which can suffer exposure with less detrimental effect. Hopper cars have been used by railways worldwide whenever automated cargo handling has been desired.
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article "Hopper Car" ; it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.