- Separately applied brake wheel
- Fully-assembled and ready to run
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Wireform safety handrails
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Machined metal wheels
- Weighted for trouble free operation
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Window packaging for easy viewing
- Interior plastic blister carton safely holds model for convenient storage
- Minimum radius: 15â€
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Tank cars are specialized pieces of equipment. As an example, the interior of the car may be lined with a material, such as glass, or other specialized coatings to isolate the tank contents from the tank shell. Care is taken to ensure that tank contents are compatible with tank construction.
Within the rail industry, tank cars are grouped by their type and not by the cargo carried. Tank cars carrying chemicals or other dangerous goods are generally made of different types of steel, depending on the intended cargo and operating pressure. The tank heads are also stronger to prevent ruptures during accidents.
This page is based on the copyrighted Wikipedia article â€œTank Carâ€ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_car); it is used under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). You may redistribute it, verbatim or modified, providing that you comply with the terms of the CC-BY-SA.
|COUPLER STYLE:||McHenry Scale Knuckle|
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
|Is Assembly Required:||No|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.