The New York Central was late in adopting the 4-8-4 wheel arrangement for their
steam locomotive roster since the Mohawks and Hudsons did such an excellent job.
Locomotive #6000-- class S1a -- was the first 2-cylinder 4-8-4 from ALCO and was
followed by 25 more of the S1b class. When the "Northerns" started arriving in
1945, they became the favorite power, being used almost everywhere at once. They
were dual service locomotives, but are mostly remembered for heading up the "Limiteds".
Now, for the first time in Paragon3, with Rolling Thunder TM, the New York
Central Niagara will ride again in HO scale!
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with
Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greater
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.