The EMD SD40-2 is a 3,000 horsepower (2,240 kW) diesel-electric locomotive built
by General Motors Electro-Motive Division between January 1972 and February
3,957 examples were built, and every class 1 railroad in North America has
operated this locomotive. Part of the EMD Dash 2 line, the SD40-2 was an
upgraded SD40 with modular electronic control systems, HT-C trucks, and many
other detail improvements. The SD40-2 is one of the best-selling diesel
locomotive models of all time. Broadway Limited Imports is proud to bring to
your layout this American staple locomotive.
These versatile and reliable locomotives have also seen service in Canada,
Mexico, Brazil and Guinea.
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with
Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.