POSTWAR/UNSKIRTED - 12-1572 SP Coast Daylight Car Articulated Chair W2474 / Chair M 2473 (2-cars) with Antenna HO, (SPECIFICALLY COLOR MATCHED TO BLI/PCM GS-4 LOCOMOTIVE)
- Post-War Version
- Beautifully Detailed, Accurate Passenger Cars
- Authentic Design, Paint and Color Schemes
- Many Separately Applied Details Including Hand Rails
- Detailed Interiors
- Properly Colored Interiors
- Lighted Interiors
- Operational Exterior Lighting (where applicable)
- Prototypically Accurate Articulated Cars (where applicable)
- Antennae (where applicable)
- Operating Sprung Diaphragms
- Prototypically Accurate Match with PCM SP GS-4 Locomotives and PCM Alco PA/PB Locomotives
- Observation Car: Lighted Drumhead & Marker Lights
- Body Composition: ABS
- Chassis Composition: ABS
- Length: 11.3"
- Couplers: (2) Kadee Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 22"
Imagine seeing the beautiful Southern Pacific GS-4 pulling a string of those magnificently painted passenger cars along the California coast. Then add the sight of a Cab Forward applying her muscle for the climb over the steep grade between San Luis Obispo and Santa Margarita. Any railfan's delight.
The Morning Daylight was two separate trains, #98 and #99. Each operated as a unit train and cars were not normally added or removed, but for extra capacity, chair car pairs were added. The two trains left San Francisco and Los Angeles at 8am, passed each other in the neighborhood of San Luis Obispo, and arrived around 6pm.
Often called the most beautiful train in the world, BLI has modeled both consists and will deliver them in monthly intervals.
**Specifications on this page subject to change.