In 1947, REA ordered 500 of these all new steel express reefers from ACF, in an
effort to handle express and parcel traffic. During the same time period,
Atlantic Coast Line purchased 50. These cars were added to the front of
passenger trains traveling coast-to-coast on all major railroads. These new
steel express cars utilized welded construction and a new high speed truck
design. They were able to carry both refrigerated loads as well as parcel loads
due to their collapsible ice bunkers that were stored away when not in use.
- Welded sides
- 3/3 Improved Dreadnaught Ends
- Arched Roof
- Separate ladders and grabs
- Fully detailed underframe
- Steam, Air & Signal Hoses
- Cut Levers
- Equipped with AccuMateÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â® Knuckle Couplers
- Trucks equipped with free-rolling metal wheels
- Accurate painting and lettering
AccuMateÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃƒÃ‚Â® couplers are made under license from AccuRail, Inc.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.