In the 1940’s, the Southern Pacific “Morning Daylight” was possibly the world’s most beautiful train, its orange and red striping being reserved for the SP’s premier train lines. This “Morning Daylight” consist ran between Los Angeles and San Francisco along the beautiful California coast, past cities such as Ventura, Santa Barbara, Salinas and San Jose. Heading up the “Morning Daylight” was the specially built steam locomotive, the GS-4, one of the most well known steam engines ever built.
- Unique tooling for each specific car type, with appropriate exterior AND details installed
- Articulated cars (Coaches and the three-car Coffee shop/Kitchen/Diner) use a movable exterior diaphragm to create the accurate, smoothly connected appearance of the prototype
- Shock Absorber equipped trucks create a smoother ride and consistent electrical pickup when using interior lighting kits.
- Observation car has lighted drumhead and marker lights
- Fully detailed interiors can be lit with optional Interior lighting kit with LED #11-209/11-210
- Interior Lights can be controlled on DCC with the optional FR11 DCC decoder, while the end observation lights gain on/off control on DCC via an optional FL12 decoder.
- Can be upgraded via 923505 Kinematic Couplers to pull the cars closer together without sacrificing turning radius. See our photo section for a video and photo demonstration of the difference!
- Can be pulled by Kato's GS-4 Steam Locomotive
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.